Best of Antarctica: Whale Discovery (Ocean Endeavour) on Ocean Endeavour
All aboard – the journey of a lifetime awaits. Set sail towards the Antarctic Peninsula, where whales gather in their largest numbers, on this extended 12-day journey designed especially for wildlife-lovers and epic adventurers. Follow the migration paths of these gigantic sea creatures and spot seals, penguins and seabirds along the way. Explore the frozen wilderness from the deck of the Ocean Endeavour and from our fleet of up-close-and-personal Zodiacs, scanning for underwater silhouettes. Take an optional expedition by day paddle or choose a photography lesson on the White Continent from an expert. Among electric blue glaciers, this by-sea adventure provides the best opportunity for whale-spotting and once-in-a-lifetime exploration.
- Witness an incredible abundance of humpback whales, as these marine mammals migrate south to feed on krill. Take daily Zodiac excursions to get closer to the whales, when spotted by your Expedition Team.
- Admire the breathtaking scenery and wildlife that surrounds you, such as Gentoo and chinstrap penguins, fur seals, albatross and so much more, backed by imposing icebergs and glaciated mountains.
- Personalise your expedition with a wide range of optional adventure activities. Kayak among icebergs, day paddle with expert guides or take photography lessons from a pro.
- Keep learning with onboard educational lectures on history, geology and ecology, and participate in our Citizen Science Program, all led by our expert Expedition Team.
- Defrost from the day and reflect on your epic adventure aboard the Ocean Endeavour, with amenities like the Aurora lounge, sun deck, Polaris Restaurant, bar, library, saltwater pool, jacuzzi, gym, day spa and sauna.
- Adventure and Active
Ocean Endeavour is a comfortable, well-appointed small expedition ship expertly engineered to explore the Polar Regions. The ship has an ice-strengthened hull, Zodiacs for exploration and remote landings, and advanced navigation equipment. This refurbished vessel offers a superb guest experience with an expansive choice of cabin categories, large cabins and common areas, a sundeck and observation area, plenty of deck space for polar landscape viewing, and lounges for learning and reflection. The ship’s interiors have a contemporary aesthetic that provides a bright and spacious feel throughout.
Ocean Endeavour is also the only polar adventure ship in Antarctica focused on health and wellness and offers a contemporary approach to cuisine and newly-designed health and fitness features. Facilities include a spa serviced by organic spa provider VOYA, His and Hers saunas, a saltwater pool, a gym, and a juice and smoothie bar. Complimentary activities include yoga and stretching classes, an exclusive Polar Photography program, the Scientists in Residence program, and hosts more adventure options than any other Quark Expeditions vessel. The ship also has a polar library, and a Polar Boutique for gifts and any needed gear.
As a responsible business, we've always been committed to being there for our travelers and the communities we visit. So, you can trust that when you travel with us, we won't just be there for you ...
|2||Embarkation in Ushuaia, Argentina|
|3-4||At sea, Drake Passage|
|5-9||South Shetland Islands & Antarctic Peninsula|
|10-11||At Sea, Drake Passage|
|12||Disembarkation in Ushuaia, Argentina|